Imperia International Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RP forum based in a school AU

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dump Thread (Literally Full of Garbage)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Plum Pudding

Plum Pudding

Dump Thread (Literally Full of Garbage) Empty
PostSubject: Dump Thread (Literally Full of Garbage)   Dump Thread (Literally Full of Garbage) EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:56 am

WARNING: My art has hardly improved since the last time most of you have seen it, because I have not been drawing as much, in the past year. :( /not responsible for bleeding eyes

Trying to update Amir's character, but I haven't gotten to his modern-day design yet. :I I've decided that he's only going to represent the Achaemenid Empire, and the subsequent cultural continent, rather than the entire history of Persia, pre-revolution...because I just cannot fit all of that into one person. XD So uh, here he is, back in the conquerin' days. By the way, his name was different, back then (probably the old equivalent of 'Jamshid', I haven't decided)--he changed it to Amir with the Arab invasion, for reasons I haven't sorted out yet. In other words, this is a fancy way of saying that I couldn't bring myself to change his name--/sob /SHOT

Dump Thread (Literally Full of Garbage) Amirupdate

(Hardcore quote is from Darius the Great, btw)

STILL CAN'T DRAW BEARDS, WON'T EVEN ATTEMPT FULL ONES, LOL. Also, I don't know how I never managed to notice it before, but Persian kings very clearly had pierced ears. And if I were allowed to post links, I would prove it. :I

I like how this is totally not relevant to the school au, BUT I JUST HAD TO SHOW THAT I AM TRYING TO CORRECT THIS CHARACTER--/sob
Back to top Go down
yoyoyolandi

yoyoyolandi

PostSubject: Re: Dump Thread (Literally Full of Garbage)   Dump Thread (Literally Full of Garbage) EmptyFri May 25, 2012 5:37 am

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS REMODIFIED AMIR. (Not to say that I did not love Amir earlier.) Now Arash actually resembles him. SOB SOB. But aghhh I really want to doodle somethings of Amir and bby Arash now, (But be warned, I have actually gotten worse in art....) I have changed pre-revolution Arash A LOT.

I missed their relationship so much, though. ): It is unbelievable. I think this change is interesting now! Who exactly would represent Iran during that post-Achaemenid Empire pre-revolution period? Does Arash and Amir's relationship change at all? FFFF SORRY, But I love them so much, I am just curious.

Also, adding that I wrote my college essay about my love for Iran and Persian history, and I think that love was very motivated by my interaction with you. ;_; And my essay was pretty successful. <3
Back to top Go down
Plum Pudding

Plum Pudding

PostSubject: Re: Dump Thread (Literally Full of Garbage)   Dump Thread (Literally Full of Garbage) EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:04 pm

Thank youuuuuu :') Gah, I really need to draw him in modern times, because I have his face and everything in my head, it's just the clothes I can't decide on, auuuughhhhh-- (And I am 500% sure that your art is still 10x better than mine, so WHATEVER, MAN. :I)

I'm thinking that it would probably be something more like a dynasty now, with either younger brothers of Amir, or older brothers (dunno if you want to change the family dynamic that much--) or cousins or something of Arash taking the throne successively until Arash was like "monarchy is too mainstream--/FLIPS THRONE OVER". It's up to you how the successors should be, since it'll really affect Arash more than Amir. XD Oh, and then of course, there were the total outsiders who came and married in or just completely took over, like Macedonia and the Mongols. :I 

I imagine that their relationship will be at least marginally different--I mean, if nothing else, Arash is no longer the son that overthrew Amir directly. :I XD I guess it'll just depend (and Amir's personality might be different, too--though not much); if he's still his first son, then it'll be like, "Oh hey, my direct bloodline is finally ready to take the throne back--OH GOD WHAT IS HE DOING." Or if we change up the family a lot, it might be totally different, IDK THERE ARE SO MANY WAYS THIS COULD GO. Either way, he is still Amir's least favorite successor--/KILLED

(Also, I like how when I went to go check the "list of kings of Persia" page on wiki, it was so fucking long that it crashed my phone-- :I)

But asdghjkllf I'm honored-- :') <3 I'm sorry I have to ask this, because I can't quite remember (/was not doing well for a while, subsequently fell out of synch with everyone, ffffuuuuuu), but does that mean you are starting college now, or is it next year? ...Or am I so far gone that you're already in college and I just have no idea-- :'I
Back to top Go down
yoyoyolandi

yoyoyolandi

PostSubject: Re: Dump Thread (Literally Full of Garbage)   Dump Thread (Literally Full of Garbage) EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:46 pm

Ohhhh, I love the idea of each dynasty being various relatives. Since a lot of them weren't of Persian origin, I think that works well. That actually solidifies Arash's position a lot better, and plays more to the dynastic upheavals that went into making Iran. And I think this idea better highlights the role Arash I originally meant for Arash to play, as a kind of representative of Iranians, as the Islamic Republic was intended to be a representation of the people, (though it has become a failure at that.) However, I think the Islamic Republic is more democratic in the sense that it draws more from the population than past monarchies would. (As they had lots of outside influence, which has caused the Islamic Republic to become the absolute foil to that, and draws completely inward.) Though still does not reflect the views of the Iranian people!!

But Idk if you're okay with that?? So I think the idea of either distant relatives, uncles or foreigners representing the various other empires is an excellent idea. And that allows Arash to be closer to some (Like the Safavids) and more distant to others, (Like the Qajars) based on what has done more to shape the Iranian society today.

And Arash could have killed the Pahlavi representation now, and that is really dramatic and I like drama. I love this idea! And I've been kind of stalled for ideas about Arash, as I agree, our old system made it difficult to fit a lot of things in.

Also, I don't think Persian Gulf would be Arash's biological mom anymore, maybe, seeing as I see her as kind of Arab - since Arabs do live on much of the Persian Gulf, and though Arabs do make up Iran, they hold a lower proportion than groups like Azeris... (Who Arash would be 1/4th of) And Northern Iran has had more of a part building the fabric of Modern Iran than Southern Iran has, so I think it makes sense that the Persian Gulf would only have raised Arash.

And I am going to college at the end of this summer. Smile I am not there now, even though I say I live in Washington DC.... I WILL ON AUGUST 25TH SO W/E. Going to George Washington, btw. Get to be taught by Hossein Nasr, I AM SO EXCITED.
Back to top Go down
Plum Pudding

Plum Pudding

PostSubject: Re: Dump Thread (Literally Full of Garbage)   Dump Thread (Literally Full of Garbage) EmptySat May 26, 2012 2:10 am

(Guh, gotta make this short, because I am about to fall asleep here--)

I think that sounds excellent--I can't wait to see how this affects both of their characters. B) And YESSSSSS oh my god, I think you ought to write about when he killed the Pahlavi character because it would be crazy awesome and because I love reading dramatic scenes--/shot I'm also really glad that Amir's character is narrowed down to one era now, because I feel free to really focus more carefully on interpreting his history and personality. It was too daunting before, honestly--especially since Persian history isn't even my main focus. :I /TRAITOR, WHATEVER--

I don't even really consider P. Gulf a character anymore, tbh, because I haven't used her in forever and have zero desire to. Frankly, I sort of wanted to scrap her ages ago, so I'm glad. Now I don't have to feel bad about it. :I

That's awesome! I'm so happy for you. (: I transferred to Austin last semester, and it is so awesome living in a university, let me tell you-- But aw man, I am going to be in D.C. for a layover, but it's before August. DAMMIT, WE COULD HAVE MET IN THE AIRPORT FOR LIKE, THIRTY SECONDS--
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dump Thread (Literally Full of Garbage)   Dump Thread (Literally Full of Garbage) Empty

Back to top Go down

Dump Thread (Literally Full of Garbage)
Page 1 of 1