Imperia International Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RP forum based in a school AU

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LMAO REALLY CORNY POST

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
yoyoyolandi

yoyoyolandi

LMAO REALLY CORNY POST Empty
PostSubject: LMAO REALLY CORNY POST   LMAO REALLY CORNY POST EmptyThu May 31, 2012 10:40 pm

So our school had academic awards night today. As this is my last year of high school, this definitely was something I was waiting for. Each year there is an award for the best history students through all of their four years of high school. I've been wanting this award since freshman year, but as I didn't even get anything freshman year, it seemed like a distant dream.

But I guess it wasn't, because I got it. Smile

I honestly really want to thank you guys so much. By discussing history and international affairs with you, you all have kept me stimulated and passionate in the field. It is hard to be passionate if there is no one to talk to, but I have always had you guys to talk about history with. And I don't think you all know how much that has benefited me. I've been able to develop myself as a person through my passion and through the knowledge I have gained with your aid. Freshman year was so rough for me, and that was before I met this community. By being able to rant with you guys, or use Arash to rant with your ocs, I've developed myself to be confident about what I cared for. I've developed myself to fight the anxiety that held me back freshman year, because I have been given passion and knowledge from you. I got on to security council this year in Model UN because of that. I got in to one of the best International Affairs schools in the country because of that, and I can't even thank you guys enough. I honestly doubt this would have happened without you.

I really have to thank Plum especially, for talking about Iran with me. Nobody I know understands the nation, and having you to talk about it has kept my interest, and has kept me in love with probably the most unloved nation by the Western world. Since the Feather Black incident I have really struggled with the idea that I could love Iran, though I am not Iranian. I was scared to pursue it so passionately, and to hopefully concentrate on it extensively in my future. (ex. grad school) But I don't think I am scared anymore, and I thank you so much.

Aghhhh I don't know if this sounds corny or arrogant, but honestly, thank you. Smile I love you guys and the support you have provided is so great. Thank you so much.

AND THE HISTORY DEPARTMENT ALL CHIPPED IN TO GIVE ME A REALLY COOL BOOK THAT THEY THOUGHT WOULD SERVE ME VERY WELL IN THE FUTURE. (WOW I LOOK GROSS, SORRY NO MAKE UP I WAS AT THE BEACH ALL DAY---)

I love you guys so much. <3 (And when I have time for MSN I will message you guys about it in a personal tone.)
Back to top Go down
Plum Pudding

Plum Pudding

PostSubject: Re: LMAO REALLY CORNY POST   LMAO REALLY CORNY POST EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:50 am

ffssdfgjkl--I am so humbled by this. :') Sometimes (actually, a lot of the time), I cringe at all the monstrous and embarrassing mistakes I made trying to represent Iranian history and to show people why it's so close to my heart. And I still really wonder if I haven't just failed past the point of no redemption--for both Iran and Japan. But I always sort of dream of inspiring people (one of the reasons I want to be a professor: it's just as much for the teaching aspect, as for the research), so if I could have done that, even in some small way, it makes me really happy. In turn, too, you've taught me a lot of stuff about Iran that I never knew before, but needed to. I feel much more confident in embracing my heritage, these days, thanks in no small part to you (and the rest of the group). And as always, just the fact that someone who's not even Iranian could care so much about Iran... Well, I can't really describe how touching that is. Let's just say you'd be a celebrity in any Iranian community. XD

In short: congrats on the award! Now go forth and excell in college, like I know you inevitably will. B)

(Also, I checked that book out at the library once but never got the chance to read it, tell me if it's good-- And I'm saving your photo because I have never seen your pretty face before, and I do creepy things like that. Just fyi.)
Back to top Go down
Caterpillars

Caterpillars

PostSubject: Re: LMAO REALLY CORNY POST   LMAO REALLY CORNY POST EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:31 pm

Congratulations!! Even though I never really did much except be apart of such an amazing community, I am very proud of you. :') You get the recognition you deserve, yo. It takes some guts to personify controversial places, but doing it well is another thing, which you can definitely do. It's only expected you'd get recognized for your intelligence and knowledge of history & culture. B)

And fuck I'm getting sappy from thinking about everybody and how far we've come. /SINGLE MANLY TEAR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LMAO REALLY CORNY POST   LMAO REALLY CORNY POST Empty

Back to top Go down

LMAO REALLY CORNY POST
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imperia International Academy :: OOC :: Everything Else-
Jump to: